Monday, June 25, 2012

Why a blog?

I am totally late to the blog party.  This is passe, but not yet retro.  


And yet here I am.  I have been toying for a while with the idea of putting together a cooking blog, and that will be a big piece of what this is.  But even though I spend an inordinate amount of time each day figuring out what we're all going to eat, I do more things than cook.  So I think that this is going to be a place that tries to weave together a bunch of different things; kind of a "how do we find the time to eat well when there's so much other stuff going on too?"  It'll be a place to share that "stuff" and how we nourish ourselves in the process.  


The name?  Even though I am constantly juggling 900 different things, sometimes even I have to stop to do some basic self care.  This isn't a place to be Martha Stewart, or the penniless parent, or the pioneer woman.  It's the place to share how I do the best I can as often as I can, and how I do that.  But sometimes I fall way short, and that's ok.  Even Mom has to pee.  



No comments:

Post a Comment