Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I've Been Thinking About


Sad little blog, I was worried that this would happen when school started.  Here are all the ideas for posts that I have been thinking about but haven't had time to write.
  • The Election.  Just kidding.  Thinking about it gives me a stomach ache.  We all know who I'm voting for, and I just have to take deep breaths.
  • Good music.  I was hoping that exposing my children to OK Go and the like would mean that in 5 years I won't have to listen to whatever new Justin Bieber nightmare is out there.  Instead my house has been turned into a series of Rube Goldberg machines.
  • Snack foods.  That's right.  I made these, motherf*ers.  They're goldwhales and they were delicious. 


  • Teaching.  The highlight of my day was that one of my students said before class started "Ms. Murphy, I really like this class."   Unprompted, no less. (That was me bragging a little.  Sorry.)
  • Family time.  The Boston Museum of Science rocks.  You should totally go with your family.  But before you bring your 5 year old into Mammoths and Mastodons, you might want to consider whether or not he'll ask about the gigantic penis on the mastodon model.



 Yep.  Giant wang.  He noticed.
  • Cooking.  That goes without saying.  I've been cooking, and good stuff too.  Like for instance, have you ever tried pizza with a creamy pea sauce instead of tomato sauce?  Don't knock it 'til you try it.  


 And there was prosciutto.  It was really good.
  • Weddings.  The countdown is on til my sister's wedding.  Weddings are about 50% "Yay!  Love!  New family!" and 50% "Oh shit.  I have to wear a corset with this dress."
  • Health Insurance.  It's possible that Lea broke her finger roughhousing with Jax.  It will cost us $250 for x-rays to definitively rule it out.  We're in a wait-and-see-pattern.  Something is very wrong with this reality.
  • The CFP.  For those of you not down with the lingo, that's Certified Financial Planner (exam).  I've tried to think of something clever to say about this.  If you can find something witty to say about Financial Planning and its accompanying exams, please message me.  
  • Birthdays.  Jax is going to turn 5 soon.  FIVE.  <Pouty face>  He'll be so big.  I'm not ready.
 But look at what he can do now!  All by himself.
  • Grading.  I think that I cannot procrastinate any longer.  I miss you, little blog.  I'll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment